Entry to School Program
ROCK is pleased to be providing the Entry to School (ETS) Program, a newly funded program through the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS). Launching in March 2022, the ETS program will be delivered in partnership with ErinoakKids, Woodview Mental Health and Autism Services, Community Living North Halton, and Dufferin Child and Family Services.
The ETS program will be open to children aged 3 to 6 years of age, registered with the OAP and entering school for the first time. This program will support successful transitions into schools and will focus on building skills in six key areas:
- social interaction
- functional routines (following routines and self-help skills, like dressing and toilet training)
- behavioural self-management (learning to regulate emotions)
- and pre-academics, learning and attention
Accessing the Entry to School Program
The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS), through the Ontario Autism Program (OAP), is sending invitations to eligible families to access this exciting new program. To be eligible to enroll in the OAP Entry to School program, families must:
- Be registered with the Ontario Autism Program
- Receive an MCCSS invitation letter
- Have a child who is between the ages of three and six years of age as of December 31, 2022
- Have a child who is starting Kindergarten or Grade One for the first time
Children who are already enrolled in school, either part-time or full-time, are not eligible to participate in the OAP Entry to School program.
ErinoakKids is facilitating registration for the partnership. To register for ROCK’s Entry to School Program, please call ErinoakKids at 905-855-2690, (toll-free 1-877-374-6625) and press 1, or send an email to email@example.com.
ROCK is proud to provide autism services for Milton, Oakville, Burlington, and surrounding Halton areas. We look forward to assisting you.
ROCK has been offering services for over 40 years and is continuing to implement new practices to help your children.
If you are in crisis, contact our 24/7 ROCK Crisis Line at 905-878-9785. For all other queries related to services, call our Live Answer Access Line at 289-266-0036 between 9 -5 pm each business day.